As with my top ten books, I have cheated and squashed the Harry Potter and Hunger Games movies down into one film each. I simply wouldn’t have enough room on my list. So here we go…
- The Harry Potter films. Need I say more?
- The Hunger Games films. See reason for choice one.
- The original Wicker Man with Edward Woodward and Christopher Lee. An utterly brilliant film. Chilling and brilliantly acted.
- The Imitation Game. The first time I have ever watched Benedict Cumberbatch act and I am utterly in love. That film broke my heart.
- An Inconvient Truth. Uncomfortable viewing, but something everyone needs to see.
- You’ve Been Trumped. The world needs to watch this to see just how badly Donald Trump screwed over people in the north east of Scotland.
- Sherlock Homes. I fell just a little bit in love with Robert Downey Jr when I watched this film. Exactly how I imagined Sherlock should be (sorry Benedict).
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. Brilliant for no other reason than Stephen Fry in the buff!
- Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistlestop Cafe. “Face it girls. I’m older and I have more insurance!”
- Mulan. I don’t care. I have a soft spot for Disney and this one is my favourite.